2015年7月12日星期日

Traveling to the Yale Outdoor Education Center

Traveling to the Yale Outdoor Education Center

    Today we went to the Yale Outdoor Education Center, located in about 1500 wooded acres. I will never forget its pure lake water with endless blue and the happiness penetrating our inner soul.

On the road to the Yale Outdoor Education Center, I was surprised with the scenery of thick trees coupled with wild flowers, among which I almost went back to the spectacle described in Silent Spring written by the well-known American author, Rachel Carson. What is more impressive to motivate me to repeatedly say “wow” is the beauty of the lake in the center, for I had never seen such a lovely blue lake decorated by the bouncing riffle under the sun. The blue water and sky, the white canoes and clouds, and the singing birds as well as people composed a harmonious picture in which I could fully relax myself.


The most unforgettable experience there is playing canoe with my friends Cecilia and Arnold. Both of them wanted to paddle the canoe so I just sat in the middle and acted as a lazy lady. Factually, none of us had ever played canoe, so when we came near to the waterside trees, we suddenly found it too difficult to stop or to shift the direction. Screaming, we rushed into the tress but fortunately no one was hurt. When we got rid of branches and leaves of trees, we could not help laughing. What a funny tour.


Now when I look back upon the time we spent together in the Yale Outdoor Education Center, I feel a spontaneous smile on my face.


没有评论:

发表评论