2015年7月1日星期三

My First Impression of Yale



My First Impression of Yale

Several years ago, we saw the video named why you chose Yale, which introduced this well-known university. At that time, I had a dream that one day I could come to experience its diverse culture and varied teaching mode. This summer I realized my dream and now I am in America where Yale is located. As one of the best universities in America, it shows this country’s blue sky, friendly people and fantastic architectures.
   
What impressed me first is the blue sky coupled with fresh airso every day I unconsciously look at it for several times, thinking about its distant purity. Also, in my pictures I have taken, you can see harmonious combination of scenery and blue sky with white clouds, which indeed have attracted my friends in China to comment on.


In addition, I can feel that American people are so friendly that each time I encounter problem, I can easily get help from the instructors, counselors, students and even passers-by. Even though they do not always know the exact answer, they make a phone call to obtain the beneficial information. I remember clearly the first day when I arrived in Yale trying to find the way to the hotel, a Yale student heartily helped us reserve a taxi. 

The most impressive view is the fantastic architectures, leading me to a totally different fairy tales that have ever appeared in the pictures or TV program. Almost each building differs from the other, reflecting Americas history and peopleintelligence as well as innovation. Some are solemn and sacredwhile some are romantic and exotic. That is the reason why I always busy myself with taking pictures when walking around the campus.



To summarize, Yale, located in a pleasant climate area, deserves our loyal respect for its blue sky above, people on the earth and the classical architectures around the campus. Hello, Yale. I have come to see you, to experience you and to understand you.

     



2 条评论:

  1. Lovely Anna, and I'm glad you are here with us this summer! Perhaps you'd like me to help you find some information about the different types of architecture on campus, because it is indeed varied, and let us hope the sky remains blue and the sun not too hot : )

    回复删除
  2. Dear Carrie,thank you for your comment and guide. Indeed, in this week we enjoy the varied types of architecture and natural scenery in America. Yet what is more important is that we have learned a lot from you and Siggy who are always ready to help us. And I do believe in the next five weeks, we will learn more from you and other instructors. Thanks a lot.

    回复删除