2015年7月12日星期日

Memory

Memory
   Until now, I have spent two weeks in Yale. I always sigh how time flies and I need to write down my experience to record each fabulous moment in America.
One of impressive activities I enjoy is to visit the planetarium to attend an unimaginable lecture introducing the stars in the sky and human’s exploration on the moon. When I saw the video, I felt as if I went to the moon with astronauts, equipped with 3-D technology. Also, under the universe, I strongly sensed how small a man was.

Another thing that deserves to be noted down is the visit to the biggest library in Yale, which was so splendid and imposing that when I came in for the first time, I thought it was a palace rather than a library. Yet when I found countless books there, I realized what is the sea of knowledge.

Finally, the visit to Mark Twin’s house brought us back to the 19th century when Mark Twin, the greatest American humorist of his age, wrote The Adventures of Tom Sawyer and Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. He is so smart and humorous that several of his well-known sayings now come in to my mind: Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.” “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover......”

So I will continue to explore, to dream and to discover in Yale......

  

1 条评论:

  1. A lovely post with lovely sentiments....may your adventures be delicious!

    回复删除